WHY SOLAR IS A NO-BRAINER
Schools require a lot of energy to power their requirements which not only impacts the environment but also costs a lot of money. In additional to decreasing an institution's carbon footprint, solar panels can help save money and much more.
HERE ARE FIVE REASONS WHY EVERY SCHOOL IN INDIA SHOULD GO SOLAR
- Solar is a completely renewable source of energy and prevents the use of coal and burning fossil fuels. It is available in abundance in most parts of India and can be used every day.
- The price of solar energy is now less than Rs.3/- per unit. It will help reduce the institution’s electricity bill and operating costs drastically. The solar panel efficiency is also increasing year-on-year as technology improves.
- There is little maintenance costs involved which is one of the biggest benefits of solar energy.
- There are several central and state government incentive schemes and subsidies available to help encourage solar rooftop deployment.
- The school’s reputation as a responsible institution will help it attract more demand, which is another advantage of solar energy.